View Single Post
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 18:37   #1
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society
Xp home --> xp pro

I've got a copy of xp pro. It'll work on my laptop in theory... Now, the problem is:

I have xp home on my laptop right now. Apparently, half my school programs won't work with home ed. so thus I need pro. I'm not fully certain how to do it though The only instructions I've seen have to do with a blank system and installing an OS for the first time.

I have several games/saves/fun stuff on my computer that I want saved and converted over. If I go and attempt to install pro over home, how much of my stuff can be saved and more specifically, how do I go about making sure it's saved?

This may sound kind of noobish, but my knowledge of windows and it's quirks is sorely lacking =/

Sigh.

Help?
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote