View Single Post
Unread 26 Oct 2005, 17:17   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The big ole Civ 4 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nondescript Human
I played Civilization II for waaay too many hours and spent even longer creating scenarios for it, but I didn't really like Civ 3.
Civ II (and Alpha) were designed by Brian Reynolds, who cofounded Firaxis with Sid Meier.

Reynolds then left Firaxis after Alpha Centauri was released, because Sid forced through naming it "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri", which Reynolds thought was a bit steep because Sid had nothing to do with it.

Sid Meier's Civ III wasn't designed by Sid either, and it was released with literally no playtesting - hence the immense problems in every part of the game.

Sid Meier's Civ IV is, again, not designed by SM, but it seems to have a more coherent approach towards the game than Civ III ever did. Whilst I'd still prefer a BR game, Civ IV does look a lot more inspiring than Civ III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
I never really played multiplayer on previous Civs, but according to the IGN review in Civ 4 they've added options to change the speed of the multiplayer games, and you can allow everyone to take their turn at the same time if you wish.
Hardly a new feature, you could do that in Alpha Centauri. But they removed it in Civ III. Like most of the really excellent things.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote