View Single Post
Unread 21 Jul 2011, 11:27   #68
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Nighttime protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
A six hour downtime each day would be slightly uncomfortable for people living off time zones. However, if you're willing to send them off with it, then your case is better. I wasn't willing to be so time-zoneist.
People in off-zones have to sleep too.

They would benefit less from a sleep mode, of course, since they don't sleep at peak hours, but that's not a problem, in my opinion. It just counters a historic advantage they've always had.

Quote:
However, since it'd be possible to scan them for it, you'd still be able to know if they have the option available at any given point. Maybe you'd be able to scam them to it? Maybe not.
True enough.

Quote:
I think it needs to be less than 24 hours to allow people slight changes, e.g. 'this night I need to go sleep a bit earlier than the other'. However, of course, you can come up with the "mom he spams this mode" -argument, ie. abuse of it. I dismissed it before it happened by calling it not very relevant or dangerous.
...Oh. Wow. Yeah, I can see why you would dismiss that argument.

Quote:
Allowing a 'hard' sleep mode is of course relatively rough an approach. But it would probably cover a larger sphere of things people find uncomfortable Alternatively, you could expand the social side, by allowing an 'alliance/galaxy defense fleet slot' and assigning fleet to it, and then a minister/alliance officer could freely designate defensive missions to these fleets. This'd be slightly unorthodox since it'd essentially be OH DEAR GOD ACCOUNT SHARING IS IT, but it'd do something. It's, however, a different subject altogether.
A mandatory sleep mode, without other consessions, would probably encourage zoneism: being the only American in a European galaxy would be rough, because your sleep mode timing would be off, making it much harder for you to get galaxy defence. Dangerously meta, this, though.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote