View Single Post
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 09:46   #278
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
I believe we've established your substantial bias in what comes to Spain, but we all have our preferences and I guess what defines as a borefest is a matter of those. I personally don't really fancy watching games that involve 90% of a 60-70% possession rate spent slowly passing the ball between four central midfielders waiting for the 4-4-2 through 5-4-1 8/9 -man to break apart.

I find fast, creative, flair football more attractive, and Germany's providing with it all. Hence, I commented to Isildur, that if he expects the game to turn into a borefest, it probably won't be because Germany would lack the swift, creative attacks, or the desire to go for the goal, but more likely because Spain will be able to slowwwwly hold the ball for the vast majority of the game without creating many substantial chances to score apart from shooting to the stands from outside the box. I think many people like a gameplay that comes with a lot of fast chances, creative sparks, and not only a hunger but also deliverance of goals. This has all been what Germany has stood for in this tournament.
Ofcourse I have a strong bias for Spain, nothing wrong with that ofcourse. I do enjoy their playing style. During Qualifying they played some amazing games, capping 5-6 goals against teams such as Belgium (ok, no reference) or Poland, not a crap team either.

On the WC they've been far less efficiënt in their play. Mainly because Torres sucks and because Iniesta was injured (he's better now but still not at his top), Xavi being really tired after the season he played. Ofcourse that's no excuse as the German players had an equally long season.

Yes, their game is mostly focused on possession of the ball. But you cannot deny that their technique is the standard today. No other team can display this kind of technique atm. There is a reason why Spain won friendly games against the top teams and against Germany they were quite impressive.

But ok, every game needs to be played. and like you said, this is all subjective. I like their playing style more then what Germany displays.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote