View Single Post
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 09:35   #275
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
I also rate the defending capacities of the L and R backs of Spain higher then Argentina (even if they have alot of flaws).

I agree Argentina defense was dreadful. But then again Germany trashed England too. At this point of the competition you're starting to ask, whether these games were about the opposition being poor, or Germany simply making them appear poor? I drew the first few down the former part, but after the Argentina game I'm really starting to lean towards the latter.

Sergio Ramos is a brilliant attacking right back much like Glen Johnson, except that Spain has no wingers to fall back to cover Ramos going upwards, and I'm not expecting Xabi Alonso (who is a holding midfielder, less so an anchorman or a defensive midfielder) or Sergio Busquets being there.

There's only really two things I can think of that could turn the sway to Spain: first being them scoring a fast opening goal, second being a Spain player play-acting a German player off the field with a straight red (known as the "torres-busquets method"). The latter is the other thing the Spaniyards have put into perfection of recently in addition to tech and ball control.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote