View Single Post
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 09:29   #274
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
That is something I didn't understand, why didn't Samuel play in the last few matches? Did he get injured?
No idea. The whole Argentina back four has been a mystery to me from the very start.

Quote:
maybe the Germans will become a bit more 'safe' as well. They really shouldn't though, but it's typical of teams who play wonderful attacking football to go out once they reach the later rounds and become a bit more afraid to push people forward.
I haven't go the slightest doubt in my mind that Germany wouldn't go out to attack. The style of play isn't a spur of the moment choice - it's a long worked project that started off Klinsmann when Löw was his assistant, and is now being continued by Löw in a flavour of success. Germany may just be one of those few teams that play football not only to succeed, but also to entertain. I hope they can keep it up (while I'm not a Germany fan by tradition).

It's ironic how the Samba team of the tradition turned into the backpeddling European defensive team with the occasional creative spark from the treaquerista, and the traditional backpeddling European team turned into an incarnation of fluid, fast attacking play.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote