View Single Post
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 09:23   #272
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
So far, Spain hasn't bored me in any of their games. So I don't see why you'd accuse Del Bosque of trying to turn the game into a borefest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsildurX
You really think Germany will score 3 goal versus Spain who have hardly let in a goal so far? I'm afraid it will be a borefest of epic proportions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjel
Even their lost game against Swiss was fun to watch. Then again, I really enjoy watching their perfect technique and accurate passing, something no other team manages in that perfection.
I believe we've established your substantial bias in what comes to Spain, but we all have our preferences and I guess what defines as a borefest is a matter of those. I personally don't really fancy watching games that involve 90% of a 60-70% possession rate spent slowly passing the ball between four central midfielders waiting for the 4-4-2 through 5-4-1 8/9 -man to break apart.

I find fast, creative, flair football more attractive, and Germany's providing with it all. Hence, I commented to Isildur, that if he expects the game to turn into a borefest, it probably won't be because Germany would lack the swift, creative attacks, or the desire to go for the goal, but more likely because Spain will be able to slowwwwly hold the ball for the vast majority of the game without creating many substantial chances to score apart from shooting to the stands from outside the box. I think many people like a gameplay that comes with a lot of fast chances, creative sparks, and not only a hunger but also deliverance of goals. This has all been what Germany has stood for in this tournament.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote