View Single Post
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 09:13   #270
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
Argentina had conceded conceded one to Mexico and one to South Korea before taking a trashing. Spain has now conceded one to Swizerland and one to Chile. Spain has now scored 6. Germany has sent in 13. Say what you say about oppositions or their strengths. I don't think past game statistics are as relevant as Spain's vulnerability to counter attacks and Germany's main strength being fast paced direct attacking style.

If someone's trying to make the game into a borefest, it's Del Bosque. Germany will stick to their relatively entertaining attacking style.
In all fairness, comparing Argentina defense with that of Spain is infact kind of degradjng towards Spain. I do rate Puyol and Piquet (both one of the best defenders in the world) higher then Samuel and Demichelis (last one doesn't even have a guaranteed spot at Munchen). I also rate the defending capacities of the L and R backs of Spain higher then Argentina (even if they have alot of flaws).

Infact, Argentina has a terribly unbalanced and poor defending team. But the constant pressure, fear of Messi and their possession makes it hard on most enemies.

If Xabi Alonso plays a good game then that will help Spain big time, as he recovers so much lost balls for his team.

I agree that Germany will win, but imo they'll have it quite alot harder against Spain then against Argentina.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote