View Single Post
Unread 10 Apr 2010, 09:48   #25
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
Re: Lokken: is he shit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
I dont know what you put in total domination, but round 28 you had no opponents. Round 35 was surely a total domination by Apprime, and comparable considering the opposition, dont you think?
Iīm talking about sheer numbers: Almost twice the #2 allies score, almost thrice itīs roids ... read them up in the wiki, and youīll notice what I mean by total domination. I might be wrong, but I canīt remember App dominating a final ranking _that_ badly (yet?). At least I wasnīt at the stage yet I thought "man, this show shouldnīt be repeated because it certainly is bad for the game and completely demotivating for everyone else around".

As for r35, I seriously canīt remember a thing, had a lazy scanner account and studied, so I missed about everything that happened and certainly didnīt try to keep anything of the bits I read in mind. My focus was just elsewhere in life.

Quote:
Both being in omen round 30 (5 days hurrah), and then fighting omen round 30 with Ascendancy, i know this from the inside. Fighting P3nguins in round 32 was certainly comparable to Omen in round 30.
Having been part of p3nguins in r32 (and taken care of a shitload of internal quarrels behind the stage) I think theyīre comparable in overall quality, but I also think Omen had the longer breath. p3ng seemed a bit unorganised and clueless to me at times, with Asc basically putting in some good effort to organise the block that fought Apprime. Clearly in round 30 this was not the case. Omen started going for Asc earlier and longer then p3ng. I still respect their attempt as "hopeless but incredibly enduring".

Quote:
If you talk about the nerfing of fortress galaxies, then you are clearly taking too much credit. This one must be shared between asc and apprime, as neither is any better then the other at building strong pure gals.
And what happened last round, when fortress gals were supposed to be impossible/harder to create? Apprime successfully created them anyways. Resulting in round 36 being private gals, so everyone could make "fortresses" without any effort or thinking. Coincidence? Then i must say the changing of xp-formula after round 16 was a coincidence as well.
1 point to Apprime and half a point to ascendancy, for the changes in game mechanics to nerf fortress gals.
One could call the fortress gals an "Asc invention" or say Asc were the first to use them on large scale, before App even existed. People complained about them back then already :P I certainly know I was annoyed like hell by an almost pure Asc fortress in r26 as Nox HC. Thatīs 6 rounds before App even formed.
We had salvage changed after r30 because Asc gained from hostiles crashing around the clock. I could try to think of more, but I think you should get the picture.

Quote:
Lets also talk about the defense system, and the changes in game mechanics we had here. If you remember round 34, which was the last round we could defend whoever we wanted to. Apprime was fighting multiple alliances way before Ascendancy even smelled war, more precisely around 700 ticks into the game. Facing new problems with the support planet rule, thanks to the opposition consisting of mainly CT/ND/SUBH/DLR/ND. They all defended eachother, without caring about the support planet rule, which was very clear on how much defense you were allowed to send outside your alliance/gal. Apprime met no sympathy among the multihunters, and the multihunters answer was they would monitor the fleet movements, and give warnings to people who broke it. A warned planet would not be allowed to defend anyone else then his/hers own alliance/gal. A week later, no warnings were issued.
Now i do know App/asc/vision worked together later this round, but the pressure on the multihunters, the hundreds of newsscans used to document breaking of the support planet rule, the actual dedication into forcing the multihunters to do something about it, was all Apprime. This resulted in a hardcoded change, leaving the support planet pretty much impossible to break.
To be honest, in my perception Iīd have given credit for the hardcode def change to App/Asc combined, it always felt as if the other allies complained about us defending each other quite effectively during r34. I didnīt really know how much you probably complained about the hostile block using OOT def. Probably thought you didnīt give too much about it because they got owned anyway. Thatīs pretty much what I felt like

Quote:
So you see Apprime is getting there, having played 4 rounds, won 3 of them, actively contributed to changes in game mechanics, total domination in round35. We will see where this ends, but clearly Apprime have proved my now that Ascendancy cant simply pull the "we would have won if we tried" card on Apprime.
It certainly wasnīt my intention to belittle Apprimes effort and success. Iīm sorry if you think it was. Londos comparison to the old guy and the new guy fits rather well in my oppinion. Apprime clearly is the new guy, young, fresh, powerful, yet not at its peak. Ascendancy might have passed its peak already, weīve got quite some players not motivated for hardcore gaming for one reason or the other. As usually with old and new guys, youīll probably never know whoīd win if both fight in top condition, just because those peak levels have been at different times.

Apprime certainly is an alliance that will be remembered as one of the top shots, but I think you can still do better.