View Single Post
Unread 19 Feb 2015, 22:18   #540
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: R60 mid round turmoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
This.

This is the problem with pa and EVERYTHING i have been spouting about.
Bbecause you are right, you are quite within your rights to not play for #1. And your members are free to leave. I agree with you 1000000%.

But you fail to recognise, that if you don't play for #1, but block the universe up, it stagnates it.
It is easy for you to say 'get others to join you and help' but everyone knows that won't happen because...
1) you have openly supported half the top 5. The other half can't fight for #1 because they have to fight not only the #1 but also all your allies and their allies to.

2) You make agreements with the attitude 'we are playing for us, not you'. And make no concessions.

It is for these reasons that I openly call you a coward. And that is why you don't like me.

The game can't support these naptarion blocks, yet you insist on making them round after round.
I think you are spot on Forest... NAPtarion as it is today, its suppose to be a war game. The best way I can put it is...

When the donkey isn't pulling the cart give them a bigger carrot
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...upjf-Y8jV8NyY0

What the Members need is more rewards (or plunder for BlackFlag members) to put pressure on the HCs
What the HCs need is more political options to goto war.

My suggestion is to change some of the Dynamics of Planetarion to cater for this.

One suggestion I do have is having alliance golden roids that would change PA from FFA (free for all) to Capture the flag culture.
(other suggestions from others are welcomed)

Have an incentive reward like an alliance wide mining bonus to keep your own golden roids where there is suffient reason to attack an alliance and some reward for capturing other alliance's roids but at the same time tweak the formula to prevent bottom feeding smaller alliances.

1. If you lose your alliance roid(s) there could be a mining percentage loss
that would put pressure on HCs from their members to make up for the loss.
2. Could give HCs reason enough to war with the alliance that has their Golden roid.
3. Give a mining bonus for all alliance members in order of alliance ranking for each respective captured. ie capturing the top alliance golen roid(s) gives a bigger reward than capturing #8 alliance golden roid.

Also have some sort of reward to contend for the alliance win.
I see free credits are no longer a big enough carrot for alliances.
I have considered the possiblity of a mining bonus for the winning alliance to carry over to the next round but may cause a problem if that same alliance doesn't play next round.

Truth is I would like to reconsider playing planetarion as my current Civ5/ beyond earth replacement just isn't the same as PA.
But the current NAPtarion culture is off putting.