View Single Post
Unread 19 Feb 2015, 20:50   #505
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of
Re: R60 mid round turmoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
Once again, look above. I've been moaning about this for four rounds.

I don't actually believe there's another elite alliance other from Ultores. P3ng have never been elite, just competitive, same as CT.

And the above alliances mentioned have not always had numbers on their side - however, even when disadvantaged before you could do something about it. Now it's just impossible because there is zero flexibility in political movement owing to a combination of the tag limit, alliance hc's and galaxy spread.
Let me explain how tag limits work. It restricts the number of members an alliance can have in tag. It does not stop alliances from making their own support tags(ascendancy and descendancy anyone?) and it does not stop alliances from playing with a various number of members out of tag, only to circulate them in at the expence of crashers, inactives or scanners at the end of the round a score boost. At the same time these members adds to the alliance's numbers, even if not able to def tag. This has been debated over and over again, and in the end you either end up like what i just mentioned(on a short term basis, allies will decrease in size after a couple rounds if you limit the tag size more), or you end up chipping away at the large communities that hold this game together. I honestly do see a few alliances disband and quite a few people leave this game if you cut tags to 35. For example 20 people from newdawn(the most inactive?) will be shuffled out into the cold. So you up the top level of the existing full tags a bit, and you create a HUGE lower class of players having to start their own alliances, without the best officers(who will be left with the tier 1 and 2 alliances) effectively making them quit. While this is happening, Ult and their likes will still dominate.

As for alliance HC's, there is absolutely no way of revolutionizing this. The best and most active HC's will HC as long as they play PA. Regardless of tagsizes and whatnot.

Galaxy spread, here you're on to something. At least cutting galaxy sizes will give the small and lower tier alliances better land percentage, but you'll also cut down on their own defpool(and remember, the'y're often more reliant on def from gal than those in top tier allies).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
And once again (repetitive I know), you're looking at it from a purely elite perspective. I'm not even a top tier player in p3ng. Every round I ask Plaguuu or m0 for their start up guide. I've just played in many different rounds at many different times and I can tell you right now, this is the sh*ttest the game has ever been...and people being unwilling to change anything is not helping in the slightest. It's like you don't even want to try these things to encourage new alliances, new people in.
It is your own fault that you, after playing this game for years, havent read stats and tech tree and calculated roughly how to set up your own planet, be glad you have a 60 man tag limit so you have access to people like m0 or plaguuu to do that for you, cause if taglimit was cut to 35 you'd be likely to find yourself in a lower tier alliance with noone to tell you this stuff.

I'm not unwilling to change or try new things, but i am very reluctant to try things just to try it, knowing that it will most likely spiral the decrease in players. I don't see how new people will play pa because of 35 man tag limits... Please tell me how. As for new alliances? I'm sure we'd see 2-4 new tags that will all idle into oblivion and disappear within 3 rounds, and we'd then be left with an even lower playerbase.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote