View Single Post
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 19:53   #339
BaSSe

BaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ascendancy - winners of Round 16?

Congratulations Ascendacy. Well played and you have truely showed a new strategy in winning planetarion.

However I understand the ones that dislike it. As there`s loads of work in doing pre round planning, all tools, the workload of dcs, bcs, hcs, members to make their alliance do the best. Imo the traditional value alliance is the thing that makes PA interesting. Wars being faught and all the interalliance relations that occur during a round: spies, defections, new attack/defence tactics, fleetcatches etc.

In other words pure roiding and gaining XP doesn`t do it for me. I`m not questioning the win though, as you followed all the rules and XP is also a factor that should be counted. As it shows you have the guts to fight larger planets. In war rounds(ie r13/15) you`d find both xp and value players up there, and the ones with a mix of both. The ones that was mainly based on value had gone trough the round with naps/fencing/roiding easy targets. So on a planet rank system it`s hard to decide who deserve the victory the most. The xp-player or the value based one.

Alliance rankings should somehow be based mostly on value though, but ofc a bit on xp aswell as it reflects the fighting morale of the alliance. But as mentioned earlier it is a hard blow to all the people who has put in a lot of hard work for their alliance to be overrun by what seems to be a more loosely organised alliance. *Note that I`m not v. familiar with Ascendacy so I might be totally wrong about the allliance structure and by the looks of it, it has a lot of active players who definitly know what they are doing.