View Single Post
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 05:05   #49
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: [Christianity] A question to those of religious leanings

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Why are you willing to believe in something that clearly isn't real. So you say that all these things you can't see are in different 'realms.' But how do you know any of that is real?

If you make the argument that "I feel it inside me' well you know a lot of religions and spiritual beliefs are based on internal thoughts and feelings. What you feel for your religion, your connection with god or what have you, others feel that with spirits like in animism, or with their dead relatives like in Shinto. Just bear with me for a minute, here and put aside your doubt, put down your walls and just let's assume that whever your feeling is the result of various chemicals in your brain and other parts of your body.

I have taken some pretty powerful drugs in my life, and I will tell you that chemicals can make you feel and see all sorts of shit that isn't real. They are that powerful. So, it's not too much to assume that whatever you are feeling inside is just a normal physiological phenomenon that can seem pretty real, but isn't anything. I think experimentation with drugs has at least shown to me that you just can't trust what you feel inside. I think my experience with mentally ill people, shut up yahwe, has also shown me that chemical 'inbalances' can severely alter people's perception of the world around them, of how they feel, and what emotions they experience.

You should not put any credence in what you feel internally, you should not use it as a basis or foundation for a highly unplausible idea. There's absolutely no honesty there, within you. It's chemicals, and perception. If you have nothing else to go by, other than how you feel, you really don't have much to stand on.
People claim to be abducted by aliens. Science can put a specially designed helmet on a person and can simulate the experience of being abducted by using magnetic and electric force through the helment, test subjects recall feelings similar to abduction stories. So I know what you are saying about just pure feelings and thoughts.

I know you cannot believe me because I don't think you have been touched by God in a way that makes you say to yourself "Oh S**t, what if this crap is true." I have seen the power of God in my life. I had a dream one night that totally changed my perception from "Well maybe there is a God but maybe there is not" to "God has acknowledged me and affirmed that he does exist and is real." It was the most amazing dream I have ever had even better than the one where I could fly like superman in my 35 years on this earth. The reality of that dream was both shocking and uncomparable. I know that dreams are often not real or can be taken litterally but this dream totally changed my life and my Belief in God. Granted it would take me another 11-12 years before I would believe in Jesus as salvation but that journey is another story.

I once saw a car traveling at high velocity crash into an invisible force behind my car and run off the road. I though I was going to die but something (and I will say it had to be God) kept that speeding car from hitting mine in such a way that the car appeared to just suddenly have hit a brick wall. There was no obvious physicall damage to that car but the way it moved did not make sense to me in terms of the dynamics that operate on a vehicle in motion even taking consideration of factors such a tire grip on the road at high speeds and tempertures. Emperical data on the existance of God is both impossible and infinite.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote