View Single Post
Unread 6 Feb 2010, 12:56   #30
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: Single Targeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
the only problem is that people don't actually do this. in R33 the stats favoured cr/bs fortresses, and that was what most of the universe built. there was no real push for fi/co/fr/de in teamups that could exploit any holes with ally def eta, targetting, and init. this round its exactly the same situation. everyone is building fr/de with anti-fi (to combat the handful of cathaar fi players). no one is building cr/bs in any amount to easily stomp the bigger planets or force them to allocate resources which would otherwise lead to a fi/co hole (for instance).
I dont think this is true at all; Ive seen plenty of CR/BS fleets, indeed we had a whole raid on my gal of pretty much entirely CR/BS; the issue here is that with single targeting u can realistically cover each ship class less well and you can react to the incs less well due to holes in what you target; realistically this 'everyone' building anti fi in fr/de are xans cos the FR is their only viable attack fleet, and etds whose DE attack fleet just pwns, plus their BS fleet has issues with pirates. Single targeting encourages people to build up the attack fleet and ignore their defense holes because there is no credible way of allocating sufficient resources to fill them making a change of tactics part way through very difficult, or rather more so than it always is.
I would dearly love to change the direction of my fleet, it cant be done.