Thread: donation whores
View Single Post
Unread 23 Apr 2010, 22:39   #247
Onim
the inquisition incarnate

Onim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to all
Re: donation whores

the meaningful aspect of doing it in 48 ticks was that you could distinguish yourself from the less active planets out there, effectively creating a bigger gap between the few ppl who actually init every 2 ticks and the ppl who loose ticks on that or who accidently loose a few research or construction ticks..

with the old setup, i usually ended up being at least top 100 when it was around tick 78-80, when ships were done completely and first raid would be underway. With new setup, the difference between top valued and rank 500 value is much smaller. Not saying thats a bad thing, its really not cause theres more ppl u can roid easily and it gives new players a chance to loosely start but get a nice income immediately.

only thing that bothers is the fact that putting more effort into the game does not pay off like it used to. It seems all changes that are made only help the lazy, and make standing out a matter of luck and what alliance u joined and how round evolvs for alliance rather than a matter of how much time you put in playing the game

this has a drawback on alliances as a whole too, as nobody cares to put much time into alliances no more, also due to the fact that its so easy to use ingame tools , u cannot stand out by having great set of webby tools. I just hope it doesnt have a negative effect on the attrativeness of new players

and to get back to topic: i dont mind ppl trying to look to exploit rules, this is quite a good example of an attempt which failed to take the expected / hoped for advantage, other attempts have been more successfull (first round of xp exploit) , it reminds the admin to keep thinking of game mechanics.

"It never hurts to Help!" [Eek the Cat]

Denying existence during r3-6 and back in denial since r22
Onim is offline   Reply With Quote