Thread: donation whores
View Single Post
Unread 15 Apr 2010, 04:05   #240
Scott

Scott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the rough
Re: donation whores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
By very definition, doing something out of the ordinary is more interesting than doing the same thing you've always done. Beyond that, perhaps you could stop putting up straw men.
Maybe for that one person, but not for everybody else!

I'm sure most people do agree that this tactic is something new and 'relatively' interesting. If every galaxy did it next round, how interesting would the round really be?

The start up bonus is there for a reason, to get the game into action faster. If everyone decides to start doing the donation thing, then the game just takes longer to get going. (They won't of course, as i'd imagine the people who did donate had a pretty boring start to the round? I dunno)

This reminds me of the whole private galaxys thing being implemented, fortress galaxys where not against the rules, but it was certainly an abuse/tactic of the exiling rule. As this donating malarky is an ABUSE!/tactic of the donation rule.

PA Team decided private galaxys where a worthwhile tactic and coded them into the game. Will they now decide donating is a worth while tactic in the game and code it in? for example, give the private galaxys a startup bonus and they can either spread it equally to all planets or give it to one planet? I don't think so, because although an 'interesting' tactic, it's a pretty boring tactic if everyone did it, as I mentioned above, it would slow the game down for the 900 planets or so not getting a start up bonus. Saying that, variation is the spice of life?

Anyways, if the intention of the donations was to get a planet / galaxy win it doesn't seem to have worked. The only other intention from this tactic could be to make the round more interesting for the galaxy involved, has it? (actual in-game entertainment, the lulz from forums and irc can't be included as it wouldn't be such a shock next round, thus the lulz shall be lost)

Scott is offline   Reply With Quote