View Single Post
Unread 19 Jul 2008, 03:32   #26
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Council strike, inflation and living cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue View Post
Basically low level public sector workers have been shat one since the dawn of time, mainly by their much better paid senior colleagues.

In my first job I worked in Central London for the civil service and got £12,300 (after substantial London weighting) which even 7 years ago was a bizarre insult of a salary. Let's bear in mind that I was:

a) a graduate
b) pretty keen since it was my first job
c) by the time I left I was doing the job of 3 people.

I asked for a promotion after a year (which would have gotten me the princely sum of £16,000) and they said no, so I had no choice but to leave.

Meanwhile a single mother working there, who's child had severe learning difficulties, got routinely told off for occasionally leaving 5 minutes early, despite holding down a full time job, which she could hardly be expected leave.

So anyone who wants to stay in their job has no choice but to strike. Just saying "they should get over it" is neither here nor there. Paycut aside, anyone on that sort of salary who doesn't fight for the best salary they can get in their job is a sucker.
ware as in be