Thread: Marxism 2006
View Single Post
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 07:05   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Marxism 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
An argument could be made that they are charging too much for this event but that will have to wait until I get back and know what I've paid for. But at the end of the day there will always be a charge because of basic economic realities.
I suspect one (minor) reason for the charge is to keep trolls out. There are an inordinate amount of people (most of whom are borderline mentally ill*) who seem to enjoy disrupting such events for various reasons. If these sorts of events were free you'd have people shouting out interruptions fairly often. In a big public demo it's less of a concern (as one twat can easily be shouted down) but in a more intimate setting it's a bigger problem. Clearly there's no "lefty test" they can make you test before you go in, but spending £40+ means you're relatively serious.

* No, seriously. Check out a large number of people on Usenet for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T&F
I have been on the fringes of such events. The real fun is getting pissed afterwards.
I think this is a universal truth about such things. Most of the hard left are alcoholics and this serves as useful excuse.

From what I know it's in a few class rooms / lecture theatres of the University of London - some at Birkbeck, some at SOAS, some at UCL and so on. It's all in a reasonably compact geographical area, although I can't confirm that as my work websense blocks "Political" websites (but accessing the Telegraph or Daily Mail politics sections are fine, grumble grumble). But you should be right between a pretty central bit of London between Euston and Tottenham Court Road.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote