View Single Post
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 11:46   #60
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: bad rep/good rep.. what s the points and why no comments when issued?

My position on this issue is on the record, I started my own thread about the exact same thing some months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
Not only is the post appalling English, it is frankly quite dificult to understand. All we can glean from it is that the poster is somehow disatisfied yet overall the post is confused.

Let us imagine two distinct scenarios where this post is repeated in person:
1) The Dinner Party - rop1964 words are met with polite confusion, no doubt the host swiftly changes subject, he is never invited again.
2) The Pub - his words are met with a pause, then someone shouts at him "what the **** are you on about mate? you sound like a total spastic!" (to a chorus of derisive laughter).
This is a fair, if rather blunt, analogy and is probably apt in this case. But it does not allow for the cases where a post is repped solely on the basis of who posted it. Or for the fact that the repping system does not weigh the words of every member equally which can result in a situation where someone feels disliked/marginalised just because they have angered the wrong person.

When rep doesn't truely reflect the value of posts or genuinely indicate the strength/ability of a poster it is worthless and should be discarded.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote