Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 11 Jun 2009, 16:32   #258
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: The BNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J
I'd probably have supported a military invasion of Germany circa 1935 or so though.
Thats with all the evidence researched in hindsight - would you have supported an action like that at the time? Or even 5yrs later. Probably not.

Quote:
Nobody could have known in 2003 that Iraq would invade the UK or anything like that.
Germany weren't going to invade England either... they were hostile towards the countries around them though, we still had to step in. Similarly, one can assume a madman like Hussain would have been hostile to someone (eg Kuwait? grrr I'm a bit too busy to be arsed googling to make up for the huge gaps in my knowledge).

Quote:
Japan? There are obviously plenty of other examples heh.
I wouldn't say we're politically 'close' to Japan & the others you were thinking of. Maybe I'm wrong and its my own personal racism which makes me think that though. Or rather, the lack of news stories about our closeness.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote