Thread: Car Insurance
View Single Post
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 17:24   #24
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Car Insurance

How are the insurance costs over there in the UK? (seems the posts are generally bout UK insurance)

I ask cause here in Ireland they border on the extortionate.

The worst I ever had was my very first car, I had just gotten my licence but no-one would insure me on a 1992 1.1l Ford Fiesta. I mean, it was hardly a ****ing ferrari, but still no-one would touch a 21 year old guy (insurance wise, girl wise this was also true a the time).
Eventually I had to get my father to register the car, get insured under his name and then add me as a named driver. Which then had me pay the insurance quote for both of us.

The car cost me €600 and the insurance for one year was €3000.
That was the cheapest. And we had to get it from an english company who seemed a little dodgy if you ask me.

It hasn't gotten alot better here to be honest. Though I'm at €1,300 now on a 1.4l Fiat Brava.

My sister just applied for her provisional licence, (not full one) and has decided to get a car. She's 20, never driven before, only on an L-licence and has gotten a quote for insurance on a Colt 1.3l, on her own for €1,000.

I ASK YOU!!!!

FFS