View Single Post
Unread 10 Aug 2008, 07:29   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Complaint about ship-stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
There's one thing annoying with the current set of stats for me, it's having Ter/Xan/Etd with 10 ships, Cath with 11 ships and Zik with 12 ships !
Truly the end of the world is just around the corner. I just cannot believe that some races manufacture more ships than others.

Quote:
We wouldn't play this game at all if we analysed it thoroughly and realised that we're just entering numbers into a database and waiting to see what results we get out of the thing each tick. We play because we're capable of suspending our disbelief - meaning that, at some level, we all think that we really are commanding the industrial and military forces of a planet. Some of us go even further and are also responsible for commanding galaxies and even alliances.

Making changes to what HaNzi refers to as "the basics" makes it more difficult for us to pretend that this imaginary universe exists and thereby reduces our enjoyment. If we could establish a consistent background story, make it an integral part of the game and then stick to it then I (for one) would be much happier.
If you cannot imagine that some xandathrii whatever were sitting around one day and said hey let's build a cruiser class roiding fleet but you can easily believe that ships capable of hitting the smallest enemy classes in combat can't even fire on the most massive ships in the game then I have my doubts about you.