View Single Post
Unread 9 Aug 2008, 23:11   #35
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of
Re: Complaint about ship-stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Dear god there are some thick headed people around.
Indeed there are. One of them said this.... "CHANGE is good, get over it."
Change *can* be a good thing - but not for its own sake.
Quote:
Yes Terran have high armour, later initiative etc. This does not mean that they HAVE TO HAVE BS class pods. Aslong as their FIs have higher armour and later init than the FIs of other races i honestly dont see the problem.
Phantom - init 4
Harpy - init 5
Banshee - init 5
Phoenix - init 7
Lancer - init 8
Thief - init 20

They do have higher armour though.
(BTW - I agree that they don't have to have BS class pods).
Quote:
So what if Terrans have FI, maybe this will mean more capable people choose Terran and we dont end up where we have been for the last few round where there has been about 10% terran in t100?

Xan CR is the same as Xan DE last round, two ticks to gather defence no biggy here seeing as a useful CR fleet surely is better than a semi-shit CO fleet.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Terrans having Fi - they've always had them. And this isn't the first time that Xan have needed to build Cr ships either - although it's the first time Cr has been their main attack fleet.

The question I would ask is what are we hoping to gain from these sweeping changes? For every player who is excited at the thought of having to study an entirely new set of stats and work out the best race and tactics there will be several more who can't be bothered or will just feel overwhelmed.

At the risk of making a statement almost as inane as the one I quoted above...... Most people don't like change. So in my opinion it's better to make small changes than large ones - and it's much better to make them early enough for people to be able to absorb them before they come into effect.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote