View Single Post
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 02:48   #1
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
omg gf problems - problem with gfs conservative parents gd help me

general overview of our matching frequency
I'm with this girl for about 5 or maybe even already 6 months. She's 20 years old, still living with her parents, I am 29 years old, got my own apartment. As I've got my own house we spend more time at my house then at her parent's house. We don't see eachother very much, mostly only during the weekends. Very rarely I go visit her during the week and stay over for a night but that's sporadic. Overal we just keep it with the weekends. The other week we spend in my house from saturday till sunday, her father picks her up by car every sunday evening, he initially liked to do that as he offered it himself to do so. The next week we spend a day in my house and the other at hers, oftenly the sunday, or we go there the saturday and I stay untill sunday evening.

some more detailed information on parents and family
Her mother is a minging not too bright too much wine consuming airhead with a lot of emo and trauma under the surface. Her lucky hustband is big fat blonde typical peasant guy who is representive in some kind of argicultural machinery/tools or whatever. Her brothers are 13 and 17. They're a typical village kind of family, with christian values and habbits eventhough they don't go to the church. They pray before and after eating and they seem to embrace rather dated believes on what is a good way too live. Quite conservative, typical 1950's kind of attitude.

Problem A: No hair omg
Since about two weeks I shaved off my hair, for like about 2mm, which is almost bald. I do that some now and then and it have been some years already and was really fed up of my hair and gell and all that bullshit so I did it. Also it looks good on me, so say a lot of people. Their parents think it looks horrible. I can not show up like this towards the rest of the family (like granny). I honestly would be glad if they don't want to invite me for such awesome family parties but the problem isn't that simple. My gf is annoyed by this.

Problem B Silver is not a shiny Knight!
Some hours ago told me by phone, in a rather upset way, that her parents do not aprove of the fact that we do not spend enough time in their house. As you have read above, I don't think that's true, actually I think I am ****ing sleeping over as a 29 year old teenager at my parents house already a bit too much. They believe it's should be so that he, the older guy, should visit her, the younger girl at home. He should be the one visiting her. I asked her if they expect us to hang in their house for entire weekends, because wtf, we are 20 and 29. This story sounds like a 15 and 17 year old story.

Problem C where the **** is that white horse dude
When girlfriend is at my place, her father always picks her up sunday evening. He offered this himself at the start and we had the idea he just enjoyed doing that. Now suddenly they ventilate the idea that it should be my duty to bring the little princess back home every sunday, like a real man should. First, I don't have a car, secondly, I don't give a shit about what they think is normal. She is not ****ing 15 years old, I don't wear a chainmail vest. She can perfectly take a bus towards her house (she's busy getting her licence, I honestly can't be arsed, and for now I can't really afort it anyway as I just bought an appartment and that shit is expensive). I don't really have the idea that it's the lack of car that is the problem but they just believe it's a normal habbit that the man brings back the young girl to the parents house after the weekend.

Problem D omfg granny the clanleader might get upset
A more of a not really spoken out problem (yet) is that they expect me to attend more meetings with family members from their side. For example, when Grandmother visits them, it is nothing more then normal that I am there as well. Because that's how it goes in a good and young relationship. I am not going to spend too much words on this matter as I just laugh it away. It's just not my life and I refuse to live like that. I don't want to be her ****ing husband yet, I just am her boyfriend who has fun with her during the weekends and the funny is mutual. It's not yet a deep meaningful relationship, it's just fun and we're taking it easy in general.

So, what would a GD'er do?
My first reaction was quite calm, because in fact I don't really give a damn, if this results in me having to visit them even less then it's all fine to me. My girlfriend however is rather upset. She says that they always act like that, they always did with her previous boyfriends. There where always things to moan about. I really am not going to let my hair grow because they believe it will affect my personallity or because the rest of the family will think I am some psycho nazi (lol with yellow skin). I will not stay over for 4 days in a row in a weekend to sit and talk with her parents. I am 29 years old with my own appartment, she's 20. The point is her mother is really dependent on her, she sort of lives for her and her father just gets influenced by her bullshit. It looks like she's afraid to lose her daughter. What would your attitude towards her parents be in my situation?

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 9 Nov 2005 at 03:01.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote