View Single Post
Unread 24 Apr 2008, 13:39   #36
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: He wouldn't gerrymander a bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
A good practical reason but we're talking morality here about whether we should help.
Are we? I thought we were discussing whether we should help africans ... if that's only a moral question, then that's your perspective. To me, if you're really interested in the issue, then you need to address the means to which that help might come.

Clearly, the current form of aid doesnt seem to be achieving much (though perhaps better than nothing, depending on how much you value african lives i suppose).

Thus, if Britain is in no state to actually provide any aid, then an argument that they should be providing that aid is totally pointless and a waste of time given that it cant happen.

So, what i said was still relevent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM
Extremist twaddle. Giving people free money? Where will it end? Next thing you'll be arguing in favour of some kind total redistribution of wealth and some kind of revolution which will destroy Capitalism and the state. And then we'll be in Utopia or something.
Err, isnt the whole social security system already an excercise in re-distributing wealth and giving "free money" to those who least deserve it?

Also, it doesnt follow that the destruction of capitalism and the state will result in a Utopia. In fact, to me, it would sound quite dire, actually.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote