Thread: Xontas
View Single Post
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 09:24   #29
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough
Re: Xontas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Xontas, as a multihunter, was privy to certain information that is deemed to be sensitive. Ie, he could potentially know the co-ords of every alliance, have access to everyone's login times (And thus activity), certain IP and other information and so on. The tools available to MH are extremely extensive which is why there are so few cheaters around these days.

However, to gain access to this sensitive information, Xontas had to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement with Jolt, covenants including things like being prohibited from being in an alliance (as obvious conflict of interest was there), and also things like critical comments about the game of Jolt and a few other things that i've forgotten. It is the these reasons why i, and i daresay quite a few other people in the community, have refused to sign the NDA that jolt offers to get into top management and control positions to help the community as a whole. I, and others, help as much as we can, but untill the NDA is relaxed or the admin tools are adjusted to shield sensitive information to a select few (whilst leaving common problems open for more general people to fix), the customer service of PA Team can only continue to fall. Fortunately, i have raised this with Biffy last night on IRC (and he hints at this in the final paragraph of his first post in the Kloopy thread), but i think there is this attitude that there is alot of time to be had before it all comes crashing down.

Anyway, Xontas cant comment as he is legally obliged not to (we had a discussion on this on IRC last night too ).

Quite frankly, i agree - there simply isnt enough people around who are active yet willing to sacrifice their alliance connections and community to continue the volunteer work. Even if Xontas' actions have in the past been somewhat rash, there is no denying his skills as a MH were superb.

I, as i have expressed to him already, wish Xontas the best of luck in whatever he may pursure into the future.

/me waves.
fun thing is that kicking me out voids that contract
i had my lawyer look at the contract and the fact that its not dated and not co-signed my jolt also doesnt help things
then we have dutch law that says that any contract signed in holland falls under dutch law and in holland contract are void when you get fired!

so no i am not under a NDA and feel free to tell you what ever i wish, i just dont want to lose my forum account over it
and the fact that they fear my opinion should tell you something

anyway i am off andminning a game for a guy we all know and love (one that wears dresses when he loses bets) so i will life
but i feel offended about the treatment i have gotten after 2 years of putting in most of my spare time (and some of my sleep time)