View Single Post
Unread 28 May 2007, 19:24   #31
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Radio 1's Ten Hour Takeover

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Why exactly? I think it's been one of the funniest features of his show.
I'll paint you a picture!

You go out into town with a few friends and go to a few bars. Now you aren't being particularly responsible with your drinking, and end up quite tipsy.

At some point in the evening you meet a nice young lady and chat to her for a while. You think things are going pretty well with her. As much as you like her, you'd like to meet her sober and aren't just chatting to her with the aim of getting a one-night stand. She seems to feel the same way so you ask her for her number. She gives it to you and you go away, feeling confident and proud of yourself.

The next morning, you wake up feeling happy and eager to meet this girl again. You'd got on so well the night before, so why not ring her and ask her on a date?

You put off the phonecall. What if she doesn't answer? What if she isn't as nice as you thought? You finally sum up the courage to contact her though, after planning the conversation over in your head about 20 times, and ask her if she'd like to go for a drink.

You get the voicemail after ringing. Never mind, if you leave a message she'll know that you're interested and that the ball is in her court. With any luck she'll call back and you can go on that date.

2-3 days later and no answer. She obviously wasn't that interested. Never mind, you might see her out again with any luck. Then you turn on Radio 1, and Scott Mills is laughing at his hilarious Flirt Divert feature.

You hear a familiar voice coming from the radio.

"Hi there Debbie, it's uhm... It's Mark here. We met last night, if you remember! Haha. I hope you guys had a good night! Well look, if you fancy meeting up for a drink or something at some point, then give me a call back. I look forward to hearing from you! Take care, bye!"

You stare into space for what seems like 10 minutes, unable to believe that that just happened. That girl who you'd been chatting to for 20 minutes or so had thought that you were such a loser that she'd actively given you a false number and thought you deserved to be humiliated on national radio. She was so unimpressed by you and thinks you're such a twat that she decided to do this to you.

THAT'S why it's a terrible game.