View Single Post
Unread 12 Sep 2007, 16:40   #48
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: Fake Nicks and What They Really Mean

One other advantage of fake nicking that no one has mentioned (at least not directly) is that even if you know all of an allies coords, you don't necessarily know which members are where? Why is this important? Because even in a top ally there can be a wide range of competency at playing the game. So knowing which players are in which galaxies can in fact make a difference in an allies ability to hit a particular galaxy. For example a galaxy that contains Keizari or JBG, both very good players, is probably going to be a lot harder to hit then a galaxy containing relative nobody's, even if both galaxies contain the same relative alliances in them. The point being if JBG's coords were known he would tend to get more incomming then someone of less repute with the same race/score/roids. It is therefore to the advantage of a well known player to remain anonymous as long as possible, even if his ally is known. So I am 100% in agreement with Germania that fake nicking can be a very valuable thing, even for only part of the round. Personally I hate to fake nick, but then again I don't have the notoriety or infamy of some the other players of this game.

To make a long story short, whether people like it or not fakenicking has and will always have a useful place in PA. While I agree that for a lot of people it's probably pointless in the long run, in some cases it totally makes sense.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote