View Single Post
Unread 11 Sep 2007, 18:02   #33
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all
Re: Fake Nicks and What They Really Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
That would be true only if an alliance manages not to reveal any of their planets. Once you know one co-ord of an alliance, you can just start news-scanning and collect all the co-ords you want.

"Takes longer"? Yes, I'm sure 24 hours matters much in an eight week long round. As for those alliances who doesn't tag up; they're of course harder to gather intel on (as you can't news scan for defense), but it's doable once you know one co-ord and have a few attacks to compare co-ords with.

Like I said; it's not worth it when you can (in most cases) only delay it by 24 hours (or longer if you don't attack or defend with your alliance).
Your being incredible naive to think that fake nicks only work for 24 hours. We're now at tick 240 or so and eXi have yet to tag up, do you think anyone has a list of 70 of their coords?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
What other reason is there to fakenick except for when you think you'll be specifically targeted?
I was referring to being targeted as result of who you are rather than your alliance.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote