View Single Post
Unread 19 Jul 2007, 17:41   #318
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Summer Transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
It's fairly clear really that west ham are ****ed. They either unilaterally terminated a contract which probably leaves them open to being sued for oh, about thirty million I guess, or they still don't own him and they lied to the Premier League. Is there an alternative?
I'm not sure what law the contract came under, but if it was English law then Joorabchian can decide to let the original contract continue - West Ham can't just say that the contract doesn't exist anymore. Damages....god knows, but you're in the right area for what Joorabchian will claim. They undoubtedly lied to the Premier League in saying that they could unilaterally terminate.

Having said that, I do recall some past cases regarding illegal contracts that were void ab initio. I'm not sure whether or not that could apply to this situation, but given that the Premier League bans third-party contracts then it's a possiblity.