View Single Post
Unread 26 May 2005, 17:12   #49
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society
Post for Teran

"I ran.... I hid... And now I'm heading to mars. What a way to go..."

The usual voice of Teran's pessimism was once again talking inside his head as he stared at a small touchpad full of medical protocols and procedures.

"You know that despite all this, you will still never be able to bring back Kr..... SHUT UP. ENOUGH. " He vented in frusteration as he lobbed the touchpad onto the rather narrow bed in his assigned quarters. Staring straight ahead at the now-shrinking image of earth through a view-screen, Teran becomes vaguely aware of a flashing light on one of the communication consoles.

"Now what?"

Walking over to the console, he touches a few of the buttons, and a holographic image comes up: "All marines and civilian replacement staff are to proceed to the Main Cabin immediately for further briefing."

"And so it starts..." says the voice in Teran's head... He smiles slightly and grabs his duffel bag. He walks out of his quarters down a couple of winding hallways to the main cabin... *WHOOSH* go the doors, and in he goes... nodding to a few of the marines in simple acknowledgement of existence. He grabs a seat along the right side of the room, just in time to see the lights dim and ....

“Hello, and welcome to the .... "

Teran stares intently at the hologram as it plays... He keeps careful note of where the medical facilities seem to be located at... and also where he could find a nice, stiff drink if the situation called for it. Nudging the marine next to him, he whispers: "Hope these next rooms we get have more than a toothpick for a bed". The marine snickers a bit, but says nothing, and they both continue to watch the clip.

“This section is the Beta Sector. It is the main research section, housing the main computer network and all the scientific labs. Naturally access to this section is restricted, so if you are not suppose to be in there, don’t.”

Teran ponders to himself: "I wonder what really goes on down there... It could get uncomfortable being allowed into that sector, but not knowing where anything is or what I'm supposed to use to get the task done... Naah. What am I saying. I'm a medic, not a commando. If they have any use for me, it'll be in the medical wing assisting with the medical staff already present. Here's hoping anyways... "

The clip ends, and a gruff, muscular man stands up, and makes his way to where the hologram was earlier. Teran whispers to the marine next to him: "Who is that?" The marine replies: "That's staff sergeant McDoy or McCoy or something like that. Very mean... very tough... and he looks to be in a bad mood today.... Best stay out of his way if you can"

Teran thinks: "Oh great. Just what we needed. Another speech". He smiles at this thought, but says nothing and listens to what his superior has to say.

"PDA ...... CommLink...... ID tag...... Red light ..... "

"that's the jist of it" Teran thought as he grabbed one of each of the required items from the duffel bag shoved in his face. He smiled as he noticed the ID tag: "Am I really that scrawny?" he mused as he attached everything as directed, and stared intently at McCoy for further instruction.

"If you have any questions..."

Teran pondered being a smartass and quipping: "Yeah, where's the toilet" ... but held back against it mainly due to his desire to not be court marshalled after 1 year of service. That didn't stop him from smiling slightly as he awaited for the group to head towards the mono-rail...

OOC: {Again, pointers, tips, praise, "learn to type you noob" etc is appreciated! I am the partial noob at this remember }
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote