View Single Post
Unread 26 May 2007, 18:45   #13
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Dealing with Young People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
I do not really get it, have you been demoted?
No. The position of supervising the homicide unit is very easy and has little impact as you are supervising people who need no supervision. They are among the most competent people in the office and thus supervision of them usually consists of handing them cases and then listening to them when they wish to rant about what some judge or defense attorney has done that didn't quite suit them.

Being the supervisor of the misdemeanor team is much more demanding in that you need to teach them most of the fundementals of how to actually function as an attorney in an all-too-real courtroom.

There are so many things which new attorneys need to know which I take for granted. I forget so many of the basics which someone had to teach me when I first began.

I keep telling them that my job is to teach them to make proper decisions, not to make those decisions for them. I also feel responsible for teaching them a higher standard of ethics than they would get from watching television or motion picture depictions of prosecutors.