View Single Post
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 13:00   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I think Kura was right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
Well when you´re 31, 15 or 19 does not differ that much really.
31 year olds, and even 19 year olds, will be, by and large, much more "mature" (mature here being the "willing to participate in structured conversation, enjoy cribbage, less rage against the machine" definition) than 15 year olds, and 25 year olds much more than 19 year olds.

The likes and tastes of a group of 15-19 year olds will be much more "visceral" in some ways than the likes and tastes of a group of 21-25 year olds, for example; more The Matrix and less The Third Man.

An additional significant factor will likely be the interaction that took place over the 6 year period we're considering; the longest standing posters are generally those who appreciate discussion (Myself, nod, dante) which takes place on a more limited number of places on this internet than random crap. "GB2Fark" indeed. Therefore, people who stick around more will either have learned to appreciate that kind of thing or appreciated that kind of thing to begin with. For one, I can certainly say that a focus towards more structured argument has improved me as a person and internet denizen, over even shorter timescales than the six years I described above.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote