View Single Post
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 06:00   #21
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The Alpha Male Confrontation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I want ChubbyChecker to finish his story

If you insist...

Basically one night I wasn't feeling too good. I was in my room thinking my internal organs were going to come flying out of my mouth or some such when I heard some raised voices outside in the corridor. At first I ignored it but it just went on, and on.... and on! Eventually I figured that being the sheriff and all I might as well go have a look at what the disturbance was.

I went out and saw a couple of policemen, some staff and some guy I'd never met before. The guy was complaining about something. I soon realised that he'd just been admitted into the ward (the policemen brought him in) and he was just rather excitable as many patients are when they first come in. Never mind I shrugged, he'll have calmed down by morning.

How wrong I was.

Next day I see him talking to some patients, seems fine. So I go outside to roll myself a fag and he comes out. He introduces himself to me and starts going on at great length about how he'd been brought in the night before and how embarassing it was and blah, blah, blah. The guy just wouldn't shut up. Eventually I make some excuse and leave.

Hang on a second I think, running off is what other people do, the alpha male's not supposed to do that kind of shit! It was then that I realised that I had some competition and it was time to up my game.

Anyway, after a day or so of this guy's shit I decide that enough is enough and it's time to make a stand. So I plonk myself in front of the TV (I was feeling generous that night so I just let the other patients watch whatever soap it was that they were watching) and wait for the inevitable. Soon enough my nemesis arrives and sits himself next to me. He starts talking. This is it I think, time to make a stand.

I tried to engage him in conversation but he just wouldn't let me. Every time I'd say something he'd just interrupt and go on about something else. I found out a lot about him, like he served in the army for 30 years and other useless information. I gave it my best shot, I really did. For 6 hours I sat there while he rabbited on, 6 hours! Eventually I went to the toilet and on my way back (I wasn't beaten, or at least I thougnt I wasn't) I suffered some sort of panic attack. I literally thought that my head was about to explode (probably cos of all that useless information that had been crammed into it over the last six hours) and ran to the staff to give me some meds, anything. They gave me some tranquilisers in the end, after much begging from me. Looks like he beat me fair and square.

To be honest I don't really know how things would have turned out between us. I did get used to him in the end but I never was able to control him the same way I controlled the rest of the patients. We even became friends, sort of. Thing is though I was transferred to another ward (closer to my house) a few days later so I never did get the chance to beat him. He was actually quite sad that I was leaving. Not surprising really since I was the only patient there who could sit next to him for more than five minutes.

At least in the new ward I became the dominant male once again...

Last edited by ChubbyChecker; 3 Oct 2006 at 06:26.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote