View Single Post
Unread 8 Jul 2014, 00:09   #749
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold
Re: R57 gossip thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz View Post
Think we are still awaiting to see why ND doesn't like p3nguins and felt the need to join in with you in hitting them when they were napped to them. ND cant exactly claim p3nguins hung them out to try, been napped to them for half the round

And as far as Spore were concerned they had an advantage to hit p3nguins, they are going for top planet & gal

I don't see why p3nguins HC made stupid choices though to be fair. They made the round more exciting by challenging Ultores, which they did loose, while you on the other hand from what I hear decided to avoid them till a block decided to hit them.

I think its been said a few times already but there is no skill in napping the universe for first. So although p3nguins are at the moment 5th and have had people emo id say they brought more excitement and entertainment to this round then you did and yet still have a shot for getting top planet
As enrapturing as you may personally have found managing to slowly lose to ult for a few days when everyone still had comparable fleets, I suspect the more impartial observer would probably consider a successful block managing to challenge ult to be a rather more weighty storyline. If everyone had lined up to try and take on ult one at a time then I think we can safely say that you'd be on your own in describing the outcome as "entertaining and exciting".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
No difference. You gal raid someone and become their most hostile and they hit you back. Its called playing PA.. I know you guys don't like been hit but get a grip. The fact your using this as your excuse to coordinate with 2 other allies to hit us when your in a much better position much later in the round is also quite pathetic.

With regards to clouds post about you shouldn't hold grudges or take previous rounds politics into another round, I think I can make an exception to this next round
Why, when we were already hitting you (and getting hit by you) and finding ourselves near the top with our main competition (fl/ult) stalling each others growth, would we decide to stop hitting an alliance that 1: has an open policy of revenge and likely to hit us with whoever we switch our sights to for roid growth, and 2: has managed to engage in such stellar politics that it's found itself with no friends and two other alliances willing to gang up on it.

Perhaps to someone who thinks solo'ing the universe and warring a much superior alliance on their own when it didn't matter as being some kind of totemic achievement this could sound like a good idea but it actually isn't. The mistake we made this round, as far as i can tell, is in overreacting to faceless' threats and refusing to join them in hitting ult. That's pretty much it. From what I remember early on in the round we seemed to be about the fourth strongest alliance (albeit not far behind yourselves and fl) and I'd say it's probably almost solely down to how the politics played out that we were sitting in first place at 800 ticks, vulnerable to making that (perhaps) crucial mistake to begin with.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote