View Single Post
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 14:08   #2
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: A request for ND HC

Edit: Seperated into two replies for better overview and comedic value!

Really, the last few rounds of this game that I played, I found myself enjoying this game less, and less. Originally, I thought that it was due to the game itself, but I'm not so sure if that is the chief reason anymore. After a couple of events that happened the last days, I'm starting to remember more closely why I quit the last time.

Well, I think we all agree that the game is not God's gift to earth, and it really isn't all that great. So what keeps us playing? I'd personally say friends. I waste so many hours on this game for my friends, that by all rights I should have quit long ago to never come back. Still, it feels good to do something like this together with your friends, a joint effort of sorts, even though what you aim to accomplish really is just numbers in a database. I've enjoyed most of the rounds I played, but each round a little less. The game isn't getting worse really though. The numbers are dwindling, and the community that is still here isn't as big as it was. I really can't help but understand very well why people quit though.

If you think about it, how many people are there out there who you really can trust? Can you trust your galaxy? Oh wait, you don't even know their nicks or their alliances, as they don't know yours. Then why would you trust them? It takes a good while before people choose to drop fakenicks, and some don't do it at all. This way, you never get to associate yourself with your galaxy as anything else than another set of coords, and a last ditch attempt to get defense. This counts for most galaxies, I think. Yet still, a certain level of... decency is expected from them. But you don't trust them.

People from your alliance is another matter though. By all accounts, one should be able to trust the people you attack together with, and defend. You should be able to trust those who arrange your attacks, and your defense. You should be able to trust those who profit from you spending your time on them, from everything to arranging attacks or defense, you should be able to trust those who say they will do a job for their alliance, by leadership or otherwise. Each spy that is caught, each shipjumping is an act of betrayal, and it really is no wonder that people quit when they see all their hard effort undone by such things. But it's a part of the game, isn't it?

It's one of the less charming parts of it. I don't think I will be able to motivate myself for yet another round of fakenicking, backstabbing, spying and shipjumping after this round. So what happened? Well I won't tell you much. The case is really not worth such a long thread as this, but I think it could be worth it to have a discussion about these things.

But crusie, I would be a liar to tell you that I wish you a pleasant stay in NewDawn. The same sort of liar that I would be if I had told you that I wished you a good stay in 1up when you shipjumped in round 16. I played that round too, remember? I have no count on how many hours I wasted that round, for an alliance full of spies, and egocentric people who had no wish to use their alliance for anything other than defense. Planetnapping and then demanding defense hurts it more than it gains by your presense. And yet still, playing for such a bunch, it didn't even cross my mind to defect and attack them. That would make me no better, and in fact worse.

This is the second time I find a dagger in my back (Yes, I take this kinds of things very personally) this round, and the second time in two rounds that I find your dagger there among with the rest of them. We forgave you for round 16, but we didn't forget. Don't expect this to be forgiven. One should be able to expect more from people you consider friends. Seeing what you did the last round we played together though, I consider myself a fool for trusting you.

I know you're a scanner. I also know you are very loyal to your galaxy, and that them not being hit was always important to you when you were here. Well, there's only so much one can do to take out a scanner, and it doesn't have much effect. But to tell the truth, you just gave me motivation to give another effort as BC just to make sure you get hurt, where it hurts the most.

I think I speak for most of Angels when I neglect to wish you a pleasant round. If it's up to me, you won't have it.

qebab.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote