View Single Post
Unread 30 Apr 2010, 18:08   #103
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Re: See you in 72 ticks cardi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
You do not decide what a good reason for vacmode is.
He chose to use vacmode because he was not going to be able to cover himself personally, while his alliance perfectly well could do it for him.

His motivation was to save roids, and gamble on the chance it might pay off. So how is it really different from any other "exploiters" you are having a shot at?
I have not been made aware of any facts which would indicate that 8:3 or any other apprime planets who ran into vac mode after this were unable to sort their incs out themselves, simply that they knew there weren't fleets to cover them. This is an essential difference in the circumstances.

And you are wrong, I do decide what *I* consider a good reason for using vacmode, and so does everyone else. In the end, it comes down to how others view your actions, assuming they are withing the rules of the game. People have viewed the actions of 8:3 and other apprime planets as cowardly and shameful, and alliances have rallied to show their distaste for it. It does not seem likely you'll get the same support for taking down Amon, because I believe most people will make a distinction based on the motives they perceive, and deem him guilty only of being human.