View Single Post
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 15:58   #48
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: what sports do you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Did karate for 4 years, haven't done that for a year now. Taking up Ju-jitsu in October, would appreciate any advice if we have some experts here. Isn't Jenny a Ju-jitsu fanatic?
At your service.

Where do you live? I might be able to point you to a club. I do Foundation ('Shorinji kan') jitsu. Foundation jitsu is good because there are clubs all over the country teaching the same style, and running their club in pretty much the same way. This means wherever you are in the country, you can turn up at a Foundation club and be able to train with them, and you'll have a ready-made bunch of friends if you ever move to a new area. It also means that twice a year we can all get together on a mat in Birmingham and train with the best part of a thousand different people.

As far as "my style of jitsu is so rock hard I could kill other styles' students with my hands behind my back" goes, you won't hear it form me. I can't tell you what will work for you, but I will tell you that jitsu is suitable for pretty much anyone, unless you're particularly frail, I wouldn't recommend it for pensioners. Unless you've got a physical disability, you should be able to do everything the rest of us do at jitsu, or at least, attempt it =]
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote