Thread: Round Length
View Single Post
Unread 9 Mar 2009, 13:57   #54
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Re: Round Length

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
I voted 7 weeks.

Unless contending for a top ally/gal/planet rank the game becomes quite dull. If you arent involved with the pointy end of the game, it becomes somewhat a waste of time.

Tbh, i think if we want to recruit more people to the game, long drawn out rounds, catering to players who will innevitably come back round after round, are not the way to go.

PA has only got another handfull of rounds left in it unless some fresh blood can be brought into the game. I believe this will come through making the game more NOW and less, 2 months from now. I dont think new players would have the desire to battle out 2 months of being roided every day, and being too small to scan/attack anyone.
the round beeing dull for the ones not competing for a top-spot is the same in a 7 week round, just occurs earlier
and if u get hit early in round, u hardly have a chance to come back to the top

thats why i want to see those 10 week rounds, cause a alliance/player can be hit hard and still have enough time to recover (with some lucky landings,politics etc...)

however that the game turns dull for some is ofc a problem, comes with the game beeing as it is though and not with the length of the round

in another thread i stated how to change this
check it out
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...3&postcount=49

on a side note, i agree with JBG that at some point of a 10 week round there maybe should be a vote if the majority of the players wants to end it before the planned time, in case alliance xy is running away
however i think that maybe last round there would have been more coordination on takin down asc if there would have been more time left in the round, but most of the ppl simply said "**** it, its soon over, i dont care"

still implement that option to end it sooner, if all those alliance HCīs again oversleep the point when the #1 alliance needs to be hit latest

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote