View Single Post
Unread 2 Aug 2010, 02:28   #74
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hi from a Jagex fansite

Same message for me Theam :/

I would like to re-iterate some points here.

Geography makes the game vastly more interesting.

Cluster alliances turned into the original powerhouses of Planetarion, something many people have forgotten (except maybe Zhil).

The exile system is pretty crap, considering you can use it to create (semi)private galaxies and it discourages experienced players from digging their heels in and making a crap galaxy into a decent one, while perhaps creating repeat customers out of newbies in the process--and adding "fresh blood" into the community.

On a personal note, I quit playing because frankly getting up in the middle of the night to check an online spreadsheet is retarded. You click some buttons, then wait an hour. Rinse, repeat. If I can't play the game--and enjoy it--on my time, then it becomes an inconvenience. I was 20 when I started playing, but now I'm 30 and running my own business. Sure, I can play for free and run a "do nothing" planet, but it simply isn't rewarding.

Why do that when I can pay $15 a month for EvE and play the game entirely on my terms..."carebear" and run missions (making risk-free money), do PvP runs with friends (risky but exciting with explosions and pew pew), manufacturing, research, exploration etc.

All without worrying about what's going to happen to my stuff while I'm asleep. That's the key.

I'd play again, and get roided at night, if I felt I was entertained for the few hours a day I was in front of the computer, actually "playing". As it stands, there isn't anything to do aside from click buttons once an hour and chat on IRC.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote