View Single Post
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 11:19   #17
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Portal & Skins

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
I dont see the problem with using multiple colours on a portal, if the overall effect is pleasing, which i would say the r23 skin definately was.
If you find childrens colorbooks pleasing then ofc you'll find the r23 skin good.
I have no problems with the use of color, just have a problem with the overload of colors 1-2 colors + black&white should be enough for almost anything. You can always use certain % of a color if more is needed just to keep it in the same palet.
I do this shit for a living so I think I know what I'm talking about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
If your worried by the usability of r23 skin (which i believe had more to do with the layout of it, than the colours,) then im sure the same layout could be applied from the current portal.

Imo, its not just the background where the portal fails, its the quality of the ship"s" ( a single _average_ looking spaceship, copy and pasted a few times,) dull as f*ck colour combinations (remember, ur trying to sell your product with this thing) and not to mention the lack of any detail whatsoever.
I meant the background with the ship included.

You make a good point about trying to sell your product however, personally I believe having the portal as initial page when you visit www.planetarion.com is a bad idea. As long as I can remember the portal hasn't had anything on the frontpage which made me go 'OMG I HAVE TO PLAY THIS GAME'. And the biggest problem is content, no new player who ends up on the portal will give a crap about EORC's & update logs...
A splash page with links to signup - manual - portal - forum + some pages with basic info that looks more appealing would be a better idea to have as startpage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
Could you please get people involved in this game who are actually good at what they do? It feels like you just get some random person who can barely do the job instead of picking people with obvious skills. There are various people who show off their design skills, perhaps you could get some of them involved?
I've volounteered on multiple occasions, pretty sure MrLobster has done the same and I'm willing to bet other people have done it too...

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote