View Single Post
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 21:26   #43
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Another School Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
He was advocating (at least theoretically) that teachers should be allowed to carry guns. the cost of provivding guns and regular training to ensure that teachers know how to use guns would (I'd imagine) cost a fair amount. this money could probably save more lives if spent on hospitals.

Storing guns in school (no matter how secure) has at least two major flaws.

1) A crazy pupil could break in and find an arsenal on hand. If this was avoided with some kind of biometric protection (rather than a key or passcode, which could be stolen with enough vigilence) the cost would sky rocket.

2) Even if a pupil brought in their own weapons, it is very different to operate a firearm under such stressful conditions especially if you have to shoot a human being. this becomes more pronounced considering most school shooters (afaik) end up killing themselves.

In the end, I don't really see how 'more guns in schools=less shootings in schools' can be accurate.

Edit: Shootings would probably be more organised. Knowing that teachers could be armed may increae the rate of shots fired to 'get the job done' before their work in interrupted.
You're missing my point. The fact we're having this debate at all is indicative of a fundamental flaw in how we look at people.

Also in response to your edit are you mildly insane? Have you seen any lone gunmen attacking army bases recently? We're not talking about people who are trying to storm a city or make a political point here.