View Single Post
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 03:33   #1
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of
Another School Shooting

I was watching the news a bit ago, and the top story was this.

For those of you who wish to skip the article, a 32 year old milk man went into a 1 room Amish Schoolhouse and bound up all the girls, sent the adults and boys outside, and proceded to shoot the 9 girls, killing 3 of them and critically injuring the other 7.

I mention this mainly becuase it's something I'd never thought I'd here, or even a thought passing through my mind. Amish people (for those who don't know), don't embrace modern technology (electricity, phones, tv, computers, etc.), they use horses and buggies still, and are probably some of the most passive people in the world. So, it's almost shocking to hear of a crime of such magnitude involving them. It also makes me think this guy was a big coward to essentially take out his grudge on these passive innocent people, just because it was the most convenient way to take out his grudge.

One of the other things I noticed reading the article, this is apparently the 3rd school shooting in a week in the US. When I was in school, we never dreamed of such an event; we didn't have metal detectors, and our random locker searches were for the most sinful thing teenagers would have at our school...cigarettes.

I was almost that they at least said the guy committed suicide after shooting the girls.