View Single Post
Unread 23 Apr 2006, 03:36   #29
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [rant]Idiots Stockton Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
You need a roof in stadia to keep the noise in or else it just doesn't work. If you have a big enough stand at one end of a ground (with no corners as then the sound goes sideways), the fans are capable of generating something so loud that you can literally feel the sound from the other end. A running track normally is a big factor in ****ing things right up.

Villa Park, Stamford Bridge and Anfield in England are the kind of stadia that are probably potentially the best for atmosphere as they are built like this, have about 40000 capacity or more and have stands close to the pitch.
The kop and the holte end are absolutely great, being witness to both at perhaps there most vocal (thats a lie, but the kop were loud when i was there) Its intimidating and deep.

The beautiful thing about the holte end is its ****ing massive and the sound stays in it and kinda moves around it and out. I love it as a place to enjoy football as its where we get all the singers sitting. My only regret about it is that its all seater (my dad has told me stories of the holte hittng 30k back in the terraces imagine that!) My other regret is that the away fans sit at the other end of the ground in the north stand, so im not too sure how loud we sound, although on our day we are loud.

The best picture of the holte I could find was this

Next time I go to the villa Ill see if I can get in a bit early and take some pictures, but to see it in its full glory you really need to see it packed this picture is the best I can find but even that doesnt do it justice. I have to say though for atmosphere Ive heard nothing but good about fratton park and next season is certainly going to be one of the grounds I visit (touch wood pompey stay in div 1)