View Single Post
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 20:36   #41
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Find Me A Job...

Thats a lot better, just a few grammatical corrections though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:

Team working
Teamwork (fix it later on in this paragraph too)

Quote:
Since the start of my working life I have always worked in a team environment.
Change to something like "All my jobs have involved work in a team enviroment" ("from the start of my working life" is cliche and horrible)

Quote:
and helped me to realise the value of team working.
This seems quite artififical, I would rephrase it but I'm not sure how.

Quote:
Because of our team performance, the store has shown consistent over performance in relation to KPI targets, and has for several months running been the best performing store in the Central London region.
Use the word 'perfomance' less. I have no idea what a 'KPI' is, and you cant guarantee that the reader of the CV will either.

Quote:
Effective Communication
Strong selling and negotiation skills developed through close customer contact in retail and business to business sales environments. Training in personal sales, advanced sales techniques and customer focus. Recently exceeded personal sales targets by 300% over a 1 month period.
Presentation skills and confidence demonstrated during weekly delivery of in store training to all members of store team, and daily briefings in regards to targets / sales coaching. Have presented briefings to groups as large as 25 on many occasions and enjoy public speaking.
Working in a complicated sales role has given me the knowledge and ability to pitch complicated product proposals to all markets in an effective jargon free manner, relating product features into tangible benefits for the customer.
Confident telephone manner, derived from cold calling experience and a constant need to communicate with other departments.
This is very good, you have given concrete examples to back up your claims of having the skills.

Quote:
Experience with audit related activities has taught me how to 'think outside the box'
"My proactive role in refactoring audit initiatives to improve team synergy has taught me to think outside the box while touching base" (sorry)

Quote:
Fully competent with all Microsoft Office packages, and a number of telecommunications specific packages for customer / lead management
for = aimed at

Quote:
Developed a 'mail shot' to send to all prospective business customers which were then made standard nationwide.
were = was. Unless youre BSing here, this sounds pretty impressive and you might want to add a couple more sentences.

Quote:
Started a weekly analysis into our competitors and their special offers, primarily this was only for my store, but after recognition from the regional manager it’s now prepared for the entire region
Primarilly = initially. Put a full stop after 'offers' and a comma after 'manager'.

Quote:
This includes spotting development opportunities to grow the account
clumsy construct
Quote:
Another key part of my role is for me to manage my in store team,
this sounds horrible, try "Another key part of my role involves managing the in-store team" (note in-store is not two words, I had to read this several times to work out what you were talking about).
Quote:
I am also required to support my manager, and regional manager on all audit related activity.
activities

Quote:
During this period with I was a Senior Advisor with Vodafone Ltd.
get rid of 'with'

Quote:
The key part of this role was to meet and exceed monthly sales targets in line with store KPI's.
KPI again

Quote:
This meant not only delivering a high volume of sales, but also ensuring that those sales were of a high quality to maximise Vodafone profits.
'in order to'

Quote:
I was also responsible for preparing various regional sales reports to head office
Doesnt make sense, either 'to' should be 'for', or 'preparing' should be 'presenting', depending on what you mean.

Quote:
To prepare the accounts on a monthly basis, handling all invoice payments and liaising with the managing director about costs.
To provide first line IT support for our traders in-house, and to liaise with an IT consulting company for any issues I could not resolve.
'liase' is a shitty word, however I realise its the sort of nonsense youre meant to put on CVs. I would avoid using it twice in consecutive sentences though, since it seems like youre trying too hard.

Quote:
To handling payroll for all 12 employees
'to handle'

Quote:
To prepare reports for our US office daily and to liaise with them
similar comment about 'liase'.

Quote:
Entering all company accounts into Sage Line 50
unless this is an industry standard package you expect the reader to know about, you might be better off using a more generic name.,

Quote:
making sure entries were correct and the information provided to our auditors was accurate.
wooly, try "ensuring that entries were correct, and that the information..."

Quote:
References Available upon request
08/02/06
No need to capitalise Available.

Last edited by Nodrog; 8 Feb 2006 at 20:41.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote