View Single Post
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 20:12   #37
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Find Me A Job...

CV of Christopher Riddell

PERSONAL DETAILS:

An excellent communicator, confident in dealing with people from all walks of life. I am ambitious, driven and focused, whilst appreciating the need to remain flexible.

SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:

Team working
Since the start of my working life I have always worked in a team environment. This has involved time management, negotiation, commitment, and communication, and helped me to realise the value of team working.
For over a year now I have been in charge of my own store team, giving me experience of role allocation, co-ordination, training, development and rewarding achievement.
Because of our team performance, the store has shown consistent over performance in relation to KPI targets, and has for several months running been the best performing store in the Central London region.

Effective Communication
Strong selling and negotiation skills developed through close customer contact in retail and business to business sales environments. Training in personal sales, advanced sales techniques and customer focus. Recently exceeded personal sales targets by 300% over a 1 month period.
Presentation skills and confidence demonstrated during weekly delivery of in store training to all members of store team, and daily briefings in regards to targets / sales coaching. Have presented briefings to groups as large as 25 on many occasions and enjoy public speaking.
Working in a complicated sales role has given me the knowledge and ability to pitch complicated product proposals to all markets in an effective jargon free manner, relating product features into tangible benefits for the customer.
Confident telephone manner, derived from cold calling experience and a constant need to communicate with other departments.

Problem Solving
Frontline customer service roles have taught me to find solutions to customer problems in a calm, organised and efficient manner.
Experience with audit related activities has taught me how to 'think outside the box' when presented with problems with no simple resolution. Because of this my store was the first in the Central London region to receive an 'A grade' audit.
Technical Skills
Fully competent with all Microsoft Office packages, and a number of telecommunications specific packages for customer / lead management.
I am a confident internet user, and have used the web for research purposes into forthcoming telecommunications technologies and into our competitors.
I am familiar with many types of email, web based, outlook, outlook express and mobile email formats such as Blackberry.
I enjoyed a product testing role, helping bug test and stress test a new EPOS system before it was rolled out into Vodafone stores nationwide.

Initiative
Developed a 'mail shot' to send to all prospective business customers which were then made standard nationwide. This has helped increase our hit rate from cold data to 18% above the company average.
Started a weekly analysis into our competitors and their special offers, primarily this was only for my store, but after recognition from the regional manager it’s now prepared for the entire region.

CAREER HISTORY:

May 2005 – Present
Vodafone Ltd
Senior Business Advisor

Currently I am working for Vodafone Ltd, the UK's largest telecommunications company.
My role within the business team is to manage and develop existing business accounts in line with Vodafone objectives. This includes spotting development opportunities to grow the account, providing a greater profit for Vodafone while also offering the customer an enhanced level of service.
Another key part of my role is for me to manage my in store team, ensuring that they are fully briefed on current business objectives, to monitor their performance against store and individual targets, to provide motivation and coaching where needed, and to ensure that each individual functions to the best of their ability.
I am also required to support my manager, and regional manager on all audit related activity. This includes auditing all till transactions on a daily basis, checking all contracts against the proof of ID taken in store, managing large amounts of cash, and preparing reports at a store and regional level.

September 2002 – May 2005

During this period with I was a Senior Advisor with Vodafone Ltd.
The key part of this role was to meet and exceed monthly sales targets in line with store KPI's. This meant not only delivering a high volume of sales, but also ensuring that those sales were of a high quality to maximise Vodafone profits.
Further expectations were to ensure that the store was well maintained, organised, and running efficiently. This included filing, merchandising of products and ensuring that the shop floor and back office were presented to a high standard.
I was also responsible for preparing various regional sales reports to head office, tracking individual and store performances, and preparing a weekly report on our competitors.

October 2001 – May 2002

Gollyhott Trading Ltd
Office Manager

At Gollyhott Trading Ltd I was responsible for the day to day running of our UK office.
The key objectives of my role were:
To monitor and reconcile all our daily trades across 5 accounts totalling over $100million in value.
To prepare the accounts on a monthly basis, handling all invoice payments and liaising with the managing director about costs.
To provide first line IT support for our traders in-house, and to liaise with an IT consulting company for any issues I could not resolve.
To handling payroll for all 12 employees, including calculating tax and national insurance contributions, and dealing with any issues that may have arisen with pay.
To prepare reports for our US office daily and to liaise with them on money transfers to ensure both offices had the required funds to trade.
Entering all company accounts into Sage Line 50, making sure entries were correct and the information provided to our auditors was accurate.

EDUCATION:

Secondary School: Woodside Community School
1994-1999 Woodside Road
Plaistow
London

College: Havering College
1999-2001 Ardleigh Green Campus
Ardleigh Green
Hornchurch,
Essex.

EXAMINATIONS:

9 GSCE's including Mathematics (A), Computing (A), English (B)
2 A Levels: Mathematics and Accounting

References Available upon request
08/02/06

Last edited by Rids; 8 Feb 2006 at 21:01.
Rids is offline   Reply With Quote