View Single Post
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 21:40   #19
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Find Me A Job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Interesting, grades were the best in my year at school, college I ****ed up fair enough.

What would you suggest? Swapping work experience with the education bit and cutting out some of the exam grades?

Leave all the exam grades. You don't need to break them down into each subject for A-level or GCSE. You've moved on since school, so don't need to dwell on it.

Some people go in for have a sentence about themselves, describing what kind of a person they are. Don't waffle in with "non-words", but be concise, such as:
* "I am a hardworking individual, who has experience in xxx and xxx which has improved my xxx"
* "I am an energetic individual, who can offer xxx and xxx from my experiences in xxx and xxx"

Something like that?

Have you received any training at work? Anything you can use to plump up your CV?

I heard a quote once, which was "If Dick Whittington made a CV, it would simply say at the top 'thrice Lord Mayor of London' ". Less is often more. Don't dwell on things like exam grades - just list them in order.

I don't mean to be crushing, but maybe you are shooting above your level? Have you considered taking up a job that isn't that well paid, and doing some sort of qualification alongside it to make you more attractive to employers?