Thread: GIF Ad Banners
View Single Post
Unread 20 Mar 2008, 14:52   #45
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold
Re: GIF Ad Banners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
1. Don't take words out of my mouth. I was talking about ICT as a whole, not this tiny module of the coursework (which will take about 2-3 lessons).
2. I explained it above...
No Tom you are missing the point. The banner project is part of your subject area, as was the stupid LETS USE EXCEL WHEN REALLY I SHOULD BE USING A DATABASE area.

ICT has the potential to be useful, however what is taught in schools is generally not.

Im also confused why you would teach children to Crop/Paste pictures and also teach them SVG's.

It's like saying to someone, heres a wheel, heres a screw and there's a car.

Unless by teach you mean "hey kids look this image is cool, but I cant show you how to make them as they aren't in the curriculum plan for today!"

Quote:
As well as this, there's the very basic skills involved in understanding Open/Save/Copy/Paste etc.
If kids haven't grasped these concepts by high school there really is little hope for them. Glad to see you are aiming high Tom!
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote