View Single Post
Unread 19 Feb 2015, 21:11   #514
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough
Re: R60 mid round turmoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
Let me explain how tag limits work. It restricts the number of members an alliance can have in tag. It does not stop alliances from making their own support tags(ascendancy and descendancy anyone?) and it does not stop alliances from playing with a various number of members out of tag, only to circulate them in at the expence of crashers, inactives or scanners at the end of the round a score boost. At the same time these members adds to the alliance's numbers, even if not able to def tag. This has been debated over and over again, and in the end you either end up like what i just mentioned(on a short term basis, allies will decrease in size after a couple rounds if you limit the tag size more), or you end up chipping away at the large communities that hold this game together. I honestly do see a few alliances disband and quite a few people leave this game if you cut tags to 35. For example 20 people from newdawn(the most inactive?) will be shuffled out into the cold. So you up the top level of the existing full tags a bit, and you create a HUGE lower class of players having to start their own alliances, without the best officers(who will be left with the tier 1 and 2 alliances) effectively making them quit. While this is happening, Ult and their likes will still dominate.

As for alliance HC's, there is absolutely no way of revolutionizing this. The best and most active HC's will HC as long as they play PA. Regardless of tagsizes and whatnot.

Galaxy spread, here you're on to something. At least cutting galaxy sizes will give the small and lower tier alliances better land percentage, but you'll also cut down on their own defpool(and remember, the'y're often more reliant on def from gal than those in top tier allies).

It is your own fault that you, after playing this game for years, havent read stats and tech tree and calculated roughly how to set up your own planet, be glad you have a 60 man tag limit so you have access to people like m0 or plaguuu to do that for you, cause if taglimit was cut to 35 you'd be likely to find yourself in a lower tier alliance with noone to tell you this stuff.

I'm not unwilling to change or try new things, but i am very reluctant to try things just to try it, knowing that it will most likely spiral the decrease in players. I don't see how new people will play pa because of 35 man tag limits... Please tell me how. As for new alliances? I'm sure we'd see 2-4 new tags that will all idle into oblivion and disappear within 3 rounds, and we'd then be left with an even lower playerbase.
Let me explain, it's not because I CANNOT setup my own planet...it's that I'm not bothered to do so. I'd happily be in a lower tier alliance should the alliance limits be reduced to 35 - out of choice...thanks for the advice.

Yes, you may well have these sub tags, but not every sub tag will go in the same direction - and it gives everyone else an opportunity to fight back against these nubs. Sure, Ult and the likes will still dominate as you put it, over the course of a round, but at least it wouldnt be these rounds that are over in 200 ticks where there's no point in us playing and they will have bigger fish to fry at some point rather than these other inexperienced tags. The only ally that plays with members out of tag is Ult ftr. Sure we had some start of round, but that's normal. A lot of these people will happily move into other alliances with full tags if they could, but they cant because there's only a handful of alliances that can offer this.

And you keep talking like officers are so important to these alliances I'm speaking of that would be encouraged to play - they aren't...and you dont get that, because you cant comprehend not playing the game in a time consuming competitive way to the best of your ability. It's far easier and far less time consuming for someone to setup a raid or handle questions for 30 people than it is for 60. And just because allies have HC's, doesn't mean they dont have other members capable of leading or showing initiative - which is pretty disrespectful btw.

It's far easier for smaller tags to get a foothold and interest in the game when everyone is on the same playing field. At the moment, round after round it's not like that. You've already said, the majority of people that play the game now have played for multiple rounds - so where are they going to go if we try these things? They're just going to stop now after all this time because of one failure? Put it like this, if we continue down the path you and Clouds suggest, the non experimental route, I and others that have played for many rounds will stop far sooner and we are the majority of the playerbase.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote