Thread: R65 Inc stats
View Single Post
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 22:07   #128
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough
Re: R65 Inc stats

During the 700 ticks we got concetrated incomming, I was attacked most of the nights, and got called even more nights.
I'd wake up, send fleets, make calcs for my own incs and send the fleets the DC requires. Before my bathroom break was over, I could put my phone on standby and continue sleeping or start my morning routine.

Other people would be doing the same thing, and I knew my incs would get covered, unless we literally ran out of fleetslots.

Now, when I know that everything will be done to get my incomming covered, it becomes a small effort to wake up for a few minutes to send my defence to repay this favour. Since I also knew I'd be called as late as possible to allow me as much sleep as I could get, I became to almost rely on these calls to wake me up in the morning and get my ass to work a bit earlier as I would normally have.

Obviously, had my dcs not put in the effort to try and get EVERY incomming covered, and I would get roided because every available fleet had been sent to their own planet, sound on my phone would be of after night 2. In my opinion this is the main reason Ult is so far ahead in the curve over almost every other alliance out there.

Now, I can't guarantee nobody in Ult cheats. What I do know is I've not seen any evidence for this. In the rare nights where we did not have a dc, or weekend nights where I helped out, people would respond to my calls/sms/whatsapp messages.

Automatically assuming people must be cheating when they are performing better then you are, doesn't exactly show strength or a will to be something better for those members that have been loyal to your alliance for rounds. Faceless seemed to really have their stuff worked out the few nights we managed to free some fleets from defence-duty and put in the effort to stop us. But they are about it, the rest doesn't even come close.

On a final note I'd like to add: claiming people must be guilty because they respond to unfounded allegations is about the weakest argument in the book.

We have based our legal systems on the notion that the accused has every right to scream out it's innocence and evidence has to be brought forward to make these accusation stick. Cheaters must be dealt with, throwing around accusations without proof is doing the exact opposite.